I got through my first (the smaller) box of scraps, I cut them all down to 2½” or 4½” squares, anything smaller than that, I threw away. I have gotten rid of 2 shopping bags full of ticker tapes and die cutting scraps. Now just one more box to go.
I got an order a couple of days ago, so I pulled all of the strips for that. They all came from my precut strips or from my stash (the background for that quilt requires about a half-yard of fabric). I am psyched that I haven’t had to buy any fabric for my quilt orders yet this year.
In other news, I have started a secret project today. It is going to be super awesome, I’m excited to see how this one comes together. I spent a ton of time working with the layout, and I even put it into EQ7… I’m still getting the hang of that, but I’m figuring some stuff out here and there. I got the exact layout I wanted, so that is an accomplishment, in and of itself. I also got the whole center section cut out today. So now I’ve got some piecing to do. I probably won’t get to share this one for quite a while (end of the year) so I will try not to talk about it too much. :)
Well that’s all I really have for now. So…