I had a very lofty goal this week: five finishes. I had 4 tops that needed to be quilts and a row that needed to be made. Well, I am happy to report that 4 of the 5 are done. I gave myself until guild meeting on Sunday night, but since I do very little in my studio on weekends, I am calling it now.
So first off, I feel pretty bad because I did not finish my charity quilt, so I made no hospice donations this year. Boo to me…. But I did finish an order, two challenges and a sort of comfort quilt.
The order I had was for a PacMan quilt. I had to muster up some creative juices on the design and the quilting, but I think it turned out AWESOME!
The first challenge I finished was my quilted garden. We were challenged in my guild by one of the members, a really nice lady who had taught just about everyone in the world how to embroider, to make a quilted garden. That nice lady passed away suddenly this year, but we decided to fulfill the challenge and send a picture of all of our quilts to her family to show that her legacy lives on. I couldn’t decide what to do, but I have been feeling Dresden Plates lately, so I made sunflowers.
My row-by-row I also tossed about for quite a while, but since it had to have paper piecing, I did a wonky alphabet “God Jul” which is “Merry Christmas” in Swedish.
My last finish was a quilt for my dad. He is going in this week for a hip replacement, yikes! Since I can’t be out there to visit and such, I made him a quilt.