So one of my main goals is fabric tracking and having a net loss of fabric for 2017. I am going to definitely keep track of my fabric as of end of business on Fridays, and I’m going to try to blog about it also. That might not happen, as it hasn’t happened yet this year. However, right now I’m catching that up!!!
Easy, since the first 2 weeks of the year I had no fabric go in or out. Too holiday hangover-y followed by too busy followed by too sick, but now that I’m forcing myself back into the swing of things, I have got a slick spreadsheet and an accounting system.
In the end, I just want to know that more fabric has gone out at the end of the year than has come in. So I’m counting yardage that comes in and anything that is a precut, I am estimating based on square inches.
For fabric going out, when quilt is bound, I am going to use the quilt pattern to estimate the yardage out, but not until a quilt is finished. Hopefully that will motivate me to finish some serious projects! 🙂 If I am working on a quilt that is not from a pattern, I will just estimate the amount that I am putting into the quilt.
In the spirit of using up some fabric, I cut all of the pieces for my Cotton+Steel Hazel Hedgehog piecing this afternoon. It took most of the day, but it’s ready to hit the machine the next time I get into my studio.
With that, it’s time for me to be off. I have to go get some dinner going. Until next time!