It has been a bustling week around here! After my long-arming crash courses last weekend, I got busy with my projects here at home. I started by turning the binding on my Rock and Roll quilt, that is finished and ready to send out. Then I got to work on the stack that I started last week. I have used almost every last scrap of that Cotton + Steel bundle I bought, and I got FIVE tops out of it! Two of them are lap-sized, and three are crib size. I am going to try to sell a couple of them. There is also a baby coming in the family, so one of them may find a new home there. So, even with my addition of fabric for my Yama Beiber quilt, I am still a net negative for the week! Yay! Here’s how it shakes out.
Fabric in this week: 6
Fabric out this week: 6.275
Net Fabric this week: -0.275
Net Fabric 2017: -4.846
Almost 5 yards negative! Yay!
These are the three crib quilt tops that I made, this center one started out as a back for the first one on the left, but it was a back fail. I ended up liking it too much to make it a back. It also wasn’t quite big enough to be the back for the first (mini strip race) quilt.
The third (Blue), was an attempt at a modern, more graphic layout. I like, but don’t love it. It turned out a little more improvisational than I wanted, but I had a limited supply of the blue fabric, so I had to use it in the ways that I could.
The fifth quilt I haven’t been able to photograph, yet, I just don’t have a way to get to it hung up as it is too big for my design wall and my guest bedroom is WAY too dark. So, I’m very excited that even with a fairly big purchase, I was able to still have a net negative for this week. So, we will see what I can get into this afternoon, and until next time…